Ingram Micro offers webhooks as a method to send notifications to our Partners when new information is available for their consumption:
- Webhooks for example, can allow Vendors to configure automatic notifications to their app/internal system when there is a change in order status or a new purchase order has been generated and push a notification as an HTTP posts to your pre-defined callback URL.
- Webhooks are simpler than API solutions — there is no need for your app to send traditional API requests to obtain information.
This diagram illustrates the basic difference between Ingram Micro APIs and webhooks:
Why use Ingram Micro webhooks?
- Ingram Micro webhooks are easier and quicker to configure than APIs.
- Track events in the logs available for each webhook you create.
- Resellers gain easy access to order status with the following options:
- Order placed on hold
- Order invoiced
- Order shipped
- Order voided
- Resellers get up to date stock availability delta changes every 15min by subscribing to our Stock Availability Webhook.
- Vendors can receive Purchase Order notifications in a standard schema directly to their webhook / callback URL.
- CLS Partners can receive:
- Advanced Shipment Notifications
- Order Receipt Notifications
- Create Receiving Receipt Notifications through webhooks.
To learn more about creating webhooks, use our latest “how-to” instructions below.